Soft Surfboard & Softboard Repair Kit
TOUGH, CLEAR, ULTRA-FLEXIBLE, WATERPROOF
Styrofoam & EPS-Core constructed soft surfboards, bodyboards and SUPs have become quite popular these days but provide a real challenge to repair. SPONGE-REZ is awesome for repair on the outer skin and hull, but can melt the inner core, if EPS. Our Solarez EPOXY UV-Cure does not melt the inner core, and can act as a super-quick primer so you can apply SPONGE-REZ on top. Internal repairs such as delaminations or deep dings can then be repaired.
EXTERIOR REPAIR DIRECTIONS:
- 1) Surface should be clean, dry and free of dirt, grease or wax.
- 2) Apply SPONGE-REZ directly to the outer skin or hull materials and allow to dry completely overnight.
FILLING A DEEP DING THAT INVADES TO THE EPS CORE:
- 1) If white EPS foam is exposed in any situation, first coat the EPS with Solarez EPOXY (in the blue tube). Allow 2 to 3 minutes for it to cure in good sunlight or with artificial UV light. Now you can apply SPONGE- -REZ to this surface and it will make a smooth, self-leveling overcoat.
- DELAMINATION: 1) Apply Solarez EPOXY (in the blue tube) to the white EPS foam, spread it smooth and allow 2 to 3 minutes exposure to sunlight.
- 2) Apply a smooth coating of SPONGE-REZ to the cured Solarez EPOXY and apply a smooth coat to the delaminated hull or deck material.
- 3) Allow both sides to dry about 5-10 minutes, then press them together. It is best if you seal the repair shut with masking tape and allow it to sit overnight.
- 1) Apply two lines of masking tape 1/8” away from the seam center so you now have a 1/4″ gutter with the seam in the middle.
- 2) IN THE SHADE, apply a liberal bead of SPONGE-REZ, enough so that it floods the gap. Allow it to soak in for 30 seconds.
- 3) Remove the tape while the resin is still wet.
- 4) Allow to cure at least 2 hours before using.
Estimate shipping (Australia only)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.