Welcome to the Home Of Surf Australia
Your number one surfing store in Newcastle. Shop online or in-store now!Visit Our Store
Free Australia Wide Shipping
free on orders $75 or over - excludes boards
AfterPay & Zip Pay Available
learn more here
Take $10 Off Your First Order*
Online Shopping Made Easy!
FREE Surfboard Shipping
The updated and revised tale of an itinerant climber and the education of a reluctant businessman. Sales from this book benefit 1% for the Planet®.
“This is the story of an attempt to do more than change a single corporation—it is an attempt to challenge the culture of consumption that is at the heart of the global ecological crisis.”
—From the Foreword by Naomi Klein, author of the bestselling book This Changes Everything
"The original intent in 2005 for writing Let My People Go Surfing was for it to be a philosophical manual for the employees of Patagonia. I never expected at that time that this simple book would be translated into more than ten languages, be used in high schools and colleges and even be influential in large corporations. . . . We have always considered Patagonia an experiment in doing business in unconventional ways. None of us were certain it was going to be successful, but we did know that we were not interested in “doing business as usual.” Well, we have survived and even thrived for close to half a century. . . .
As the evils of society become stronger and more numerous, we recognize that as a larger and more influential company our responsibilities to society and our efforts to be an even more responsible company have also increased. The purpose of the revised edition of this book is to share what we have done in the last decade and what we plan to do in the decades ahead to achieve our goals."
--From the Preface to the Second Edition by Yvon Chouinard
“Three wonderful books rolled into one: a moving autobiography, the story of a unique business, and a detailed blueprint for hope.”
—Jared Diamond, author of Guns, Germs and Steel and Collapse, and winner of the Pulitzer Prize
“Yvon lays out the philosophies and practical actions of a company that has been a leader in the world of values-led business.”
—Ben Cohen, cofounder of Ben & Jerry’s
Yvon Chouinard is the founder and owner of Patagonia, Inc., and author of Let My People Go Surfing, The Responsible Company, and Simple Fly Fishing. He lives in Ventura, CA
272 pages, full color thoroughout
Dimensions: 6.5” X 9.5”
Published by Penguin Random House®
Printed on 100 percent recycled paper
Our online stock is linked to our inventory so what you see online is in stock.
While we try to keep our inventory as accurate as possible, there will sometimes be errors in the system. In this instance, we will notify you as soon as possible and process a refund on the same day.
- FREE registered Postage Australia wide on all items $75 or over* - Excludes boards to some areas, see below postage for all boards.
- $7.95 Flat rate on orders under $75.
- Click and collect available also. Choose at checkout and pickup in-store.
- * Free Postage excludes Surfboards/Softboards to some areas - See surfboard postage below).
- FREE Surfboard/Softboard shipping now available from anywhere in between Wollongong and Coffs Harbour. Boards are packed and sent from Newcastle. (Choose at checkout)
- Orders can take anywhere from 2-5 days to arrive, a tracking number will be provided via email. Potential delays due to Covid-19.
- Please ensure you supply an address that can be used for signature on delivery. No delivery to PO Boxes.
- Please call us after you have placed your order if you have special delivery instructions.
- FREE Surfboard/Softboard shipping now available from anywhere between Wollongong and Coffs Harbour. (Choose at checkout)
- Postage on Surfboards to NSW, QLD & VIC: $35.
- Postage to WA (Perth & Metro Areas): $60
- Postage to WA (Regional): $100
- Postage to SA: $50.
- Postage to NT: $100.
- Postage to TAS: $70.
- Choose Postage at Checkout. Applies to Surfboards/softboards only.
- Allow 2 - 7 days business days Shipping Time. Potential shipping delays may occur due to Covid. See below tips for a smooth delivery.
- No delivery to PO Boxes.
- Smoothstar postage: $20
- Heavy item postage: $40 (board racks etc)
Tips for a smooth delivery:
- Ensure someone will be home on the day of delivery (check your tracking number for this) with easy accessibility for the courier to deliver. Boards are delivered by large courier trucks that need easily accessibility to park, relatively close to the residential or business address.
- Delivery to business address's preferable that are open during normal business hours. Makes life easier for the courier to park and deliver.
- No delivery to PO Boxes.
- Postage on Bodyboards Australia Wide: $20
You can choose to pick up your purchase in-store. Please choose this option at the checkout instead of postage. Your item will be put behind the counter ready for collection once the sale is finalised online.
204 Union Street,
The Junction NSW 2291
(02) 4962 2420
Full priced items - eligible for exchange or online store credit
Promotion/sale items - final sale and not eligible for return or exchange
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we're here to help! We don’t refund on change of mind purchases, however we do exchange full priced items within 14 days of the order date.
Please contact us at (02) 4962 2420 or email@example.com with any issues that may arise with your online order.
Conditions of Return/Exchange
If you aren’t happy with your purchase, make sure you have read our conditions of return then follow the steps below:
Post your return to:
Sanbah Surf Shop
ATT: Online Exchanges
204 Union Street,
The Junction NSW 2291
(02) 4962 2420
We are so sorry if you receive a product that is faulty or incorrect. If this happens, please follow the below so that we can sort the issue out as quickly as possible for you!
How much is postage for Gift Vouchers?
Free postage to anywhere in Australia and guaranteed delivery within 7 business days.
Can Gift Vouchers be used to purchase items on the website?
No, Gift Vouchers can only be redeemed in-store.
How long is a Sanbah Grindhouse voucher valid?
36 months from date of purchase.
If I lose my Gift Voucher am I still able to redeem it if I can show a receipt?
Unfortunately no. Gift Vouchers are the responsibility of the customer and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
All transactions are secure and encrypted with ultra-secure 128-bit encryption. We never store your credit card information. All major credit cards are accepted.
If you would like more information about this product or need help with a product before ordering please contact us.
Phone: (02) 4962 2420
Facebook Messenger: hit the button in the bottom right hand corner of your screen.
→ Hassle free returns!
→ If it's in stock, we have it!
→ Free Australia wide postage, $75 or over!
→ Family run business with genuine, friendly service!
Love my board! It arrived in 2 days. Highly recommended.
I love the quality of the product and really appreciated the prompt response I received from customer service
Great Fin and Service from Sanbah
Hi February last year I put my board up for sale in the store for 250. It was sold within two weeks. At the time I was working in singleton. My job finished I moved back to the sunshine coast. I received a message from the great staff that my board was sold and that I had ca store credit which was valid for two year's. I was surprised of this so last week I placed an order with the store they were very helpful professional way to deal with friendly and were willing to do anything for me. The management should be commended on having good helpful friendly staff and customer service 😃 was excellent.
I would love to thank sanbah surf for all there help.
I highly recommend them .
It was a pleasure to have them look after me I felt I was well informed and respected .
Good luck for the business and all staff and management. Have a great year keep up the excellent service 😃